Thursday, March 10, 2011

Denes scores third in Albany


- Albany, GA -

Race report courtesy of Gabriel Denes:

"The race was definitely a fun one today. I actually started with the group this time. It was a relatively easy start, we just motored in a big group at about 40 kilometers per hour. Once the real racing begun to flare up, some real taticality began to form. I stayed real close to Trey Crisp from Georgia Neuro and Michael York from Georgia CycleSport and we made several attacks off the front. Unfortunately, nothing stuck and I began to prepare for a sprint finish. I with about 5k to go, I started carefully moving to the front along the yellow line. I knew the wheel to have: the second place finisher from yesterday. I knew he had a wicked kick and figured I could hold his wheel for at least 100m. Sure enough, at 350m to go, he went. He had a monster kick and pulled way left of the group. I only had enough gas to hold his wheel until the end, and sure enough, that is what he did. A big congratulations to Michael York from Cyclesport for outpowering the both of us and winning the race."

As for Denes, he looks to do well in the Georgia Tech race next weekend.


Elizabeth lee raced, but her cassette come loose on Saturday during the last lap, robbing her of third place. Yet again, she had bad luck at the finish of the road race Sunday. A rider crashed right up front of her, forcing her to bunny hop into the grass and finsh at the back of the pack. She plans to recoil at next week’s race at Georgia Tech with a pro tune from her sponsor Bike Tech of Macon, Ga.