Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lockwood Completes First Century at Sequatchie


- Dunlap, TN -

It was a long tough ride over rolling, scenic hills in middle Tennessee, but Mercer grad student Andrew Lockwood completed his first century in 4 hours 23 minutes 8 seconds for an average speed of 22.8 mph.

"It was a blast for my first century and I exceeded my goal of 5 hours by quite a bit," said Lockwood. "It's definitely an event that I want to put on the calendar every year and one that I'd highly recommend to anyone training for a long distance ride."

Lockwood joining his Dad in his first cycling event, was a bit spent after the 100 mile journey, commenting, "We only stopped once at the 77-mile marker and I was cramping a bit at the end. In all honesty though, the peloton and the weather pulled me right through this one and although I'm tired, I thought I'd be completely dead after my first century."